Social Prescribing Link Worker of the year
National Association of Link Workers is delighted to present Social Prescribing #LinkWorkerDay2020 Awards Ceremony on 8th October 2020 to celebrate Social Prescribing Link Workers impact and recognise all those who have made outstanding contributions to powering up community wellbeing. Interested in sponsoring an award, get intouch today!
Social Prescribing Link Worker of the year (Sponsored by British Red Cross)
This award recognises a Social Prescribing Link Worker who is inspirational, represents excellence in Social Prescribing Link Worker professional practice and has been in post for a minimum of 1 year. This person is a social innovator who has gone beyond day to day expectations of the role to overcome significant challenges inorder to achieve success in powering up community wellbeing and can clearly evidence the impact of their work.
• Sean Macfarlane (Scottish Communities for Health & Wellbeing)
• Maxine Bowler (Heeley Development Trust)
• Rafia Haque (United Welsh)
• Hannah Edwards (Cyrenians)
• Bronagh Cooper (Bogside and Brandywell Health Forum)
- Inspires others and shares learning
- Excellence in Social Prescribing Link Worker professional practice
- How they are improving themselves in order to be the best they can be in their role
- Social innovator-demonstrates creative ways of meeting social needs
- Flexibility in approach
- Challenges faced and how they have overcome them
- How they have worked with key stakeholders
- Strength of evidence of impact
- Dr Farzana Hussain, GP & Clinical Director of Newham Central PCN, Co-Chair of the PCN Network at NHS Confederation
- Sian Lockwood OBE, Chief Executive of Community Catalysts
- Christiana Melam, Chief Executive of National Association of Link Workers
- Margaret Mulley, National Association of Link Workers Board Member
- Kelly Austin, Social Prescribing Link Worker & National Association of Link Workers Board Member
- Jane Soothill, National Association of Link Workers Board Member
The winner will be announced at the #LinkWorkerDay2020 awards ceremony on 8th October 2020.